Tuesday, January 17, 2012

A day in the Kitchen

It is common knowledge that I like to bake and "play" in the kitchen.  I don't get to do it as often as I would like, but Saturday was one of those days.  I made two batches of Banana Bread to take to the church, I made my mom some candied popcorn, and I made Tiramisu.  YUM. 

I had made it before, but never did it turn out this great. Yes I used a new recipe, but I think the real difference was in the Lady Fingers.  I used Delallo Savoiardi Lady Fingers imported from Italy.  I have trouble finding the lady finger biscuits like this around here, most of what I ind are soft lady fingers and too spongy.  These were perfect.  




I guess Kevin liked it ok..... 

This was an A+, my mom who does not typically like Tiramisu, did like it and asked that I make it for her next time she hosts her card group. 

No comments: