Monday, August 12, 2013

They come from France


Okay, maybe you aren't a Coneheads fan....but Kevin and I had a really great treat this summer.  Our friends Valerie and Olivier came to visit us!  Valerie and I have known each other since I was 16 years old, when she came to stay with my family as an exchange student.  We have kept in touch all these years.   Kevin and I visited her on our honeymoon.  However, we had not seen her for 14 years!  But we picked up right where we left off.  It was really great to meet her kids Julia and Nicholas also.  We had so much fun....here are some pictures of what we did.....


We went to the animal sanctuary and saw lions and tigers and bears, oh my!


Their new mile into the wild walkway is really awesome, you can see so many more animals now and they have really expanded.  

We went to Celestial Seasonings and had tea and saw the sleepytime bear....

We went to Estes Park and into Rocky Mountain National Park, and drove up Trail Ridge
 





Saw the Stanley Hotel in Estes...
 


We taught Olivier how to eat with his hands like true Americans (who eats burgers and tacos with a knife and fork?)
And Amazed him with all our Mayo selections....
Cooked outside and had hotdogs and smore's (true American dinner)

We went to Georgetown and road the train







Even Mobi had a good time and her and Nicholas were fast friends....

It was great reconnecting and visiting again.  One week seemed to go by really fast, and we have missed them greatly since they went home.  I hope we don't go another 14 years without seeing each other.  I am working on my French, so hopefully I can go there soon to practice! 




No comments: