Tuesday, December 30, 2008

cleared.....finally

So, I know Kevin posted a picture of my graduation, and said I should blog more...well I was waiting to be cleared for graduation... That is right, I was just cleared this week, even though graduation was the 19th. I couldn't be cleared until my last credit hour and grade (an A of course) could be recorded. So I am cleared. What is next? Well it takes 6 weeks till the degree shows on transcripts and 6-8 weeks until the diploma actually arrives. Small steps I guess :)

Anyway here are the pictures of the big day....this is actually before the ceremony(click on the picture below to see all graduation pictures):



One of the things that is really cool is that when they announce you, they also announce your advisor. The graduate hands their hood (the long thing that hangs down the back), to their advisor and the advisor "hoods" the graduate. Even though it is a little blurry, here is my advisor hooding me....see how he chokes me? I am sure that it has nothing to do with having to take my signature page around to my committee for me 3 times :)



This is afterwards, with my parents. My parents never take pictures.....
One of my pleasures of the entire program is that I was in a cohort of students. We took all our classes together and they became life long friends. They were there to support me, they understood the struggles and together we were shoulders to lean on. Two of my cohort members were also graduating with me. Here we are left to right....Scott, Jody, and Larry.
And everyone must have a picture with Cam the Ram. CSU's mascot :)



No comments: