Friday, August 8, 2008

Goodbye to a Dear Friend

Wednesday was a very sad day for my family. We lost a dear family friend, Sylvia. I have known Sylvia my entire life. She was best friends with my mom. Bill and Sylvia moved to Brush at the same time we did, but we knew the family before we moved here.

Sylvia was my 2nd mom. She was the one that always went shopping with my mom and me, for school clothes, prom dresses, my wedding dress.....She always knew how to balance what I wanted and what I thought was cool, with what my mom thought I should have and how much it should cost. I can't tell you how many times she saved us from fighting as teenagers and mothers do.

Sylvia was very fun loving and always saw the best in the world. She was always able to take a situation and laugh at it or herself. She laughed with me about boys, with Kari, at camp with Cheetos in our nose, at Halloween when Kari and I were sweet banana boys, I can't think of a time, when we weren't laughing together.



I love you Sylvia, and I will miss you

3 comments:

April said...

I'm so sorry for your loss, Jody. Your family is in my thoughts during this hard time. Hugs.

Crystalsea said...

Oh, Jody, I'm so sorry to hear this. I certainly know how hard it is to lose a good friend. I'd hug you right now if I could. May God be with you all during this time. ---AW

Jody said...

Thanks April and Aunt Wanda for your kind words and your thoughts for my family and me.