Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Conference presenting

So as I said earlier, I was accepted to present at a conference in Miami.  Now funny enough this conference was at the same hotel that work has had graduation at in the past, so I knew the area, and the hotel.  When Kevin and I checked in, we chatted with the person at the desk, and it turns out he had been to CO a few years ago etc...anyway, small talk paid off as they upgraded our room to a suite....it was sweet. 


one night we walked over to Bayside, it is a fun little area, near the water, with shops and restaurants.  Here is Kevin at Bubba Gump (taken especially for Pauline)


However we didn't eat there, we ate at a Cuban place. 

On the walk back to the hotel we saw this statue....

My presentation went off without a hitch, we were a little worried as we had the last presentation of the day on a Saturday, but I guess our topic  "Supporting General Education by Connecting Faculty Across the University to General Education Disciplines"  was interesting to a lot of people.  :-)  Here I am with my co-presenter Heather (Asst chair of math).

No comments: