Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Guess what I found?

UPDATE:  total there were 6 kittens, however we only saw 5 total, so we think maybe something happened to the 6th.  The cats belonged to the neighbor down the street, so they are now home.  What will happen to the kittens?  Well they will go to good homes....and we may be one of those homes, not sure yet.  Stayed tuned...

So on Tuesday, my mom said she saw a Cat on the back patio, it was a momma cat with a gray kitty.  She didn't think much of it, thinking they were the neighbor's.  

 



Then on Wednesday, my great nephew Caelum was spending the night and he told me at dinner he saw an orange kitty under the wood box in the back under the deck.  So after dinner we went out to investigate....and what did we find?  We found a momma kitty and three babies, a white one, a gray one and an orange one.  

 

The momma is tame, but very very skinny, so I had to feed them some food and milk....the little ones are a little wild and unsure of us still.  It was really hot out there after dinner, about 103...so we left them to eat and came inside.  Then this evening I went back out to see if I could get a picture to send to Kevin.  I found all of them, and since it was cooler, they decided they could do some playing....
 

 

while I was watching them, I realized something....wait, are my eyes right?  Yep there is a 4th baby.....
 

 



We left them all for the night and will check on them in the morning.  Not sure what we are going to do with 5 more cats...yikes.  I am not even sure Kyburz knows yet, it has been too hot for him to venture outside too much....

1 comment:

Steve said...

Nice of you to take care of the cats in the hot temp. Hopefully, they will find good homes. My nephew works for Animal Control in San Diego County - heart warming and heart breaking at the same time.

Good luck on making the decision to keep one - don't konw what I would do.