Friday, March 28, 2008

Conferences

Whew, my conference is over. Actually, today's keynote speaker was really great. We heard from Sir Ken Robinson. If you ever get a chance to listen to him speak (even if you are not involved in education), it would be well worth your time. He has a gift for communicating with his audience, using humor and getting his point across. Those of you who know me well, know I rarely talk this positively about someone I hear from at a conference, so that tells you how good he was.

Overall my conference was OK. I usually hope to come away from a conference with one or two ideas or thoughts that I can think about and hopefully act on within my current position. The challenge of conferences is that when you get back to the daily grind of work, to not forget about the inspirations you had at the conference.

Speaking of daily grind.....time to get to packing and moving!

No comments: