Thursday, June 4, 2009

Flat Tire

Jody and I were going into town yesterday to do some errands (pick up dog food, go to the bank, etc.). So as we just got into town, I heard this odd sound coming from the back of the car but I was not sure what it was, and since we were in a construction zone we were driving slow... well next thing I knew the car was driving very odd and then the light on the dash came up saying the tire pressure on the left rear tire was low.

So I turned off on to a side street and pulled over. Yup the tire was flat. So I get to change a tire. I can't remember when the last time I did this, but it took about 15 mins to do, so not too bad. While we had the broken tire off we checked it and the side wall was split rim to tread on the inner side of the tire, about a 3" long split in the tire. So I wonder if I hit something in the construction zone. Anyway, that set of tires has about 55K miles on them and it was getting time to replace them anyway. So "Andy" gets new shoes tomorrow.

No comments: