Friday, July 8, 2011

Chocolate Bars - Vosges - Mo's Dark Bacon Bar

I was in Whole Foods the other day when we were in Ft. Collins and I always have to stop in the chocolate aisle. I was looking for the Black Salt Caramel bar from Vosges and they didn't have it. BTW, the Black Salt Caramel bar is one of my favorites. One of the Whole Foods people recommended that I try the Dark Bacon Bar. I had heard that bacon and chocolate was good, and Jody has also made candied bacon, so I decided to go with the recommendation.

Bacon and Chocolate?
The chocolate that Vosges uses is really awesome. Dark, but not to dark and hard, but not break your teeth hard. By mixing bacon, and I believe it is candied bacon, into the chocolate you get a unique taste. The salty, sweet is a good flavor and you can taste the bacon. Not everyone around here liked it, and I'm not sure I would go out of my way to get another one, but it was worth trying.

No comments: