Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Ritter Sport - Marzipan

The Ritter Sport Marzipan bar got a mixed reaction around here. Marzipan is not a common flavor in the US, but I grew up having a lot of Dutch treats with Almond paste in them, so I guess I am more inclined to it. Marzipan can taste very different depending on who makes it. I've had some I can barely stand and then there are good ones. To me the Ritter Sport Marzipan is a good one. I liked the dark chocolate/marzipan combination as it has the bitter and the sweet in the same bite. The marzipan almost has a coconut like texture and flavor and it reminds me of eating a Mounds bar.


Unfortunately, Jody's dad and I were the only ones that liked the bar. Everyone else had one bite and that was enough for them. I'm not sure I would buy this bar, but I also would not turn it down, if given one. So I guess this one is a "try it yourself" kinda result.

No comments: