Friday, April 18, 2008

Big Travel Week

I was busy this week. I traveled all over. I went to Hawaii on Wednesday and Thursday nights, and today I went to Vassar College and toured the Sistine Chapel.

Ok, I didn't really leave the living room. I attended an online conference called Technology, Colleges, and Community World Wide Online conference . It is done with the University of Hawaii.

Then today I went to Second Life (see Kevin's earlier post). I went to Vassar College's island in second life. The real Vassar College is in Poughkeepsie, NY. However in 2nd life, they have recreated the Sistine Chapel. I can't tell you how great it is. If you have an avatar in 2nd life, I suggest that you take the time to tour the chapel. The detail is amazing...and since it may be years before Kevin will take me to the real thing.....this was about as close as you can get. And in 2nd life you can fly up to the ceiling and zoom in on the paintings and really examine them. I think you may get a better view here.

So now I am home again in 1st life and it is finally the weekend. That just means more dissertation writing......

No comments: