Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Future Internet Service

Currently, at our rental, we are in town and so we have 2 options for high speed internet: Qwest and Bresnan. When we move to the ridge the options for internet are pretty much a company called KCI, satellite or Sprint cellular. Right now I'm planning on using Sprint, but would like to have something a little more hard wired. So I have been calling around to Qwest and Bresnan to talk to people. So far I have not got any good answers, but I am still waiting on the guy from Qwest to get back to me.

From what I can tell it comes down to the cost to put the equipment out there at 4 miles out of town. I know the neighbors out there would like Qwest to come in and put in DSL. So we'll see. Maybe Sprint will get it in gear and get Xohm running out there and get WiMax going...

I guess I need to talk to someone about Satillite too.

No comments: